A significant project challenge is a need to comply with compliance and governance. Traditionally, compliance is documented as requirements (typically non-functional) during the project planning phase; however, organisational elements make this compliance documentation project complex.
Ensuring procedures in your business are well documented will mean you can show you have followed procedures if any legal action is taken against your business.
Documenting procedures is an essential aspect of running your business. It can help improve efficiencies, boost productivity, and allow you to take much-needed time off for a holiday and not worry about the future of your business.
Documenting your processes keeps all your staff informed.
Always keep on top of information governance. If your business must adhere to GDPR, PCI/DSS or ISO regulations, could you be confident that your documents will stand up to scrutiny?
- Executives Protect the business from compliance risks.
- IT and Security Confirm classification levels and other requirements for protecting sensitive documents,
- Compliance and records managers Ensure the company meets the most important regulations and internal policies for document compliance and retention,
- End users Preserve the ability to get work done without friction from security, governance and compliance requirements.
- Include HR, Legal, Finance
Protect valuable and sensitive information
Protect sensitive or regulated data by applying intelligent policies that automatically follow your content.
- Retention policies Determine periods to keep content.
- Audit Trails maintain audit trails of employees’ content changes.
- Compliance support Configure policies to comply with relevant regulations.
- Data Protection Protect high-value data from accidental or malicious deletion by setting protective policies.
- Archive Policy Remove redundant, outdated information.
Do not delay starting an Information Governance project. By centralising your content, you can remove the traditional barriers to effective governance, enable your employees and protect your business for the future.