How can I help you? | Michael Clark
During this present Coronavirus crisis, many managers may be aware they have a technical documentation project in the pipeline to support a major project. To help complete the technical documentation, you have thought of hiring a Technical Author. The documentation could be Payment Cards Industry, ISO27001, A transformation project, or disaster recovery/BCP. When it comes to the documentation, I would advise you NOT to delay even now. Tech Doc projects by their nature are time-consuming due to the many phases they pass through. If you have yet to complete the discovery phase to identify which titles you need, prepare yourself because you could be in for a shock. There may be more documents than you anticipate. Hence you need to get the project underway.
To ease the pain, how can I help you?
I have a vast collection of generic documentation; with content and where applicable VISIO Diagrams covering the following:
- PCI, (Clear desk, backup process, security procedures and many more)
- ITIL (incident management, Event management, Change, Problem, Capacity, Availability, all come with process and flow diagrams),
- Disaster recovery, and
The last two are defined templates that require content to be added.
By talking to your teams to understand your requirements, we can tweak the generic documents to fit your company’s needs. That will save time and money. I can also brand your documentation by tweaking the template to give your documentation a unique feel.
Compliance projects tend to generate more technical documentation than managers expect. If you have not already performed a discovery or due diligence phase, you could have up to 60 titles to write, which you need to rank in order of importance. MoSCoW method.
- Payment Cards Industry (PCI)
- ITIL and ITSM Policy and process documentation
Confluence and SharePoint
- Do you use either Confluence or SharePoint, or both?
- Have you lost control of the content/documentation?
- Has the structure in Confluence been overridden by numerous spaces that are no longer valid, filled with legacy content and no ownership?
- Poorly written Content and documents can hamper productivity and lead to mistakes. You may need an expert eye to look over your Content and identify what is no longer required and seek to slim down the information contained in either.
Are you about to start an infrastructure transformation project and have discovered the documentation has no value? Stress not. With help from SME’s and a series of interviews, the documentation will soon be underway. I wrote a booklet on such projects. You might want to read it contact me. To help start the technical documentation, I have the following templates:
- Operating templates
- Installation guides
- Profile document
- Technical procedures for management
I have a collection of templates that can help get a plan up and running after consulting with your staff.
Please read my blogs and posts because you may find them useful. If you think I can help you do not hesitate to contact me to discuss your requirements.
Call Me 07534 222517
Email: [email protected]